South Tahoe JV baseball takes two from Truckee, wins fifth straight
April 8, 2014
On Saturday, South Tahoe's JV baseball team won both games of a doubleheader against Truckee extending its winning streak to five games.
In the first game, the Vikings saw themselves down 6-2, but in the bottom of the fifth inning they rallied for six runs and held on for the 8-6 win.
"I was really proud how the boys overcame the adversity and won the game," said head coach Kevin Higgins.
Moises Cuevas pitched a complete game for the win and struck out nine batters while walking four.
Cameron McCarthy went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI. Logan Brewer went 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs.
In the second game, Logan Brewer gave up only two hits in seven innings for an 11-1 Vikings win.
Recommended Stories For You
"The game really showed how far Brewer has come on the mound," Higgings said. "He never faced more than four batters in an inning."
Moises Cuevas went 2-for-2 with a walk, 2 RBIs, and three runs. Evan Brewer went 2-for-3 with two RBI and Caleb Russell went 2-for-4 with one RBI.
On Friday, South Tahoe travels to Winnemucca, Nev. for a three game series against Lowry. With this weeks spring break, the team will be missing some starting players.
"It's going to be an opportunity for some guys to step up," Higgins said.
The wins improved the Vikings record to 5-3 in the league and 6-6 overall.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm warning, flood watch take effect Wednesday