South Tahoe JV baseball takes two from Truckee, wins fifth straight
April 8, 2014
On Saturday, South Tahoe's JV baseball team won both games of a doubleheader against Truckee extending its winning streak to five games.
In the first game, the Vikings saw themselves down 6-2, but in the bottom of the fifth inning they rallied for six runs and held on for the 8-6 win.
"I was really proud how the boys overcame the adversity and won the game," said head coach Kevin Higgins.
Moises Cuevas pitched a complete game for the win and struck out nine batters while walking four.
Cameron McCarthy went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI. Logan Brewer went 2-for-4 with a double and two RBIs.
In the second game, Logan Brewer gave up only two hits in seven innings for an 11-1 Vikings win.
Recommended Stories For You
"The game really showed how far Brewer has come on the mound," Higgings said. "He never faced more than four batters in an inning."
Moises Cuevas went 2-for-2 with a walk, 2 RBIs, and three runs. Evan Brewer went 2-for-3 with two RBI and Caleb Russell went 2-for-4 with one RBI.
On Friday, South Tahoe travels to Winnemucca, Nev. for a three game series against Lowry. With this weeks spring break, the team will be missing some starting players.
"It's going to be an opportunity for some guys to step up," Higgins said.
The wins improved the Vikings record to 5-3 in the league and 6-6 overall.
Trending In: Sports
- Vikings baseball off to hot start, sweeps North Valleys
- South Tahoe’s Griffis signs to play football for Presentation College
- State Champs! Incline Village prevails over The Meadows School in Las Vegas
- South Tahoe baseball starts strong, eyes another run at state title
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Bear cubs found by California highway may have been poached
- Mountain Housing Council releases report on short-term rentals in North Lake Tahoe, Truckee
- Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at Lake Tahoe