South Tahoe netters get past North Tahoe
September 30, 2018
The South Tahoe Vikings boys' tennis team prevailed 13-5 over North Tahoe on Tuesday on the South Shore.
The Vikings No. 3 singles player Jeremiah Dahl and the No. 1 and 3 doubles teams of Adin Burns and Matt Sullivan and Clyde Rypins and Zephyr Jones all won three matches to secure six points for the home team.
The Vikings top player, Juan Vazquez, was a little under the weather but still tried to battle North Tahoe's ace Murphy Scott, but fell 6-2.
Vazquez bounced back and beat his next two opponents and lost just two games.
Pete Sullivan, South Tahoe's No. 2 single, played the three closest matches of the day and the longest. He played North Tahoe's Dillon Hudson for over an hour but ultimately fell 7-6 (7-5). He earned one point with a 6-4 victory.
The Vikings (7-1 Northern League) trail just Truckee (7-0) in the league standings and have two matches remaining before the regional tournament begins.
Recommended Stories For You
South Tahoe faced Incline (5-3) Thursday afternoon, after press deadline. It finishes the regular season at 3 p.m. Tuesday against Truckee at home.
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- Incline boys net 4 hoops victories in 4 days at Whittell tournament
- Incline Village volleyball stars Racich, Cohn earn top awards
- Whittell hoops wins 5th straight to open season; host big tournament this week
- Viking boys run up against stiff competition at Wild West Shootout
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms