South Tahoe pee wee football team trying to defend title
October 27, 2017
The South Tahoe Junior Pee Wee Pop Warner football team plays Friday, Oct. 27, in the playoff semifinals against the Sparks Cougars in Sparks, Nevada.
The pee wees, 10 to 11 year olds, are defending Snow Bowl champions and if they win Friday night they will be back in the title game. The team won five of their six games this season and earned the top seed in the playoffs and received a bye last week.
Their biggest challenge this season is playing with just 12 players. If one player gets injured they still have a full lineup, but if two get hurt, they will be short-handed.
"We're trying to be smart right now in practice," said coach Carlos Vidaurri. "But they're football players, they like to rough house. It means a lot to them to try and repeat this year."
Kickoff is at 8 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Incline volleyers rally falls short in state championships
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region