South Tahoe pee wee football team trying to defend title
October 27, 2017
The South Tahoe Junior Pee Wee Pop Warner football team plays Friday, Oct. 27, in the playoff semifinals against the Sparks Cougars in Sparks, Nevada.
The pee wees, 10 to 11 year olds, are defending Snow Bowl champions and if they win Friday night they will be back in the title game. The team won five of their six games this season and earned the top seed in the playoffs and received a bye last week.
Their biggest challenge this season is playing with just 12 players. If one player gets injured they still have a full lineup, but if two get hurt, they will be short-handed.
"We're trying to be smart right now in practice," said coach Carlos Vidaurri. "But they're football players, they like to rough house. It means a lot to them to try and repeat this year."
Kickoff is at 8 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 and Mt Rose Highway still closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Snow or rain? Winter storm could drench Lake Tahoe
- Most chain requirements dropped around Lake Tahoe (updated)