South Tahoe pee wees beat Sparks for championship
November 10, 2017
The South Tahoe junior pee wee football team won its second straight Snow Bowl championship Saturday, Nov. 4, with a 32-0 dominating win over Sparks at Douglas High School.
Shawn Stonecipher scored two touchdowns and Elias Aguilar, Braden Ball and Marcus Vidaurri each scored once for the champs.
"The boys reached a goal in coming back to the championship," said coach Carlos Vidaurri. "They proved a lot to themselves, their parents and especially us coaches on how dedicated they can be. These 12 boys have earned respect from the entire league. They always play with class and respect to players on the other teams. As a coaching staff, we are proud and feel privileged to coach this group of boys."
The pee wees have one last game, The Best of the West, Saturday in Santa Clara against a Bay Area team.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours