South Tahoe pee wees beat Sparks for championship
November 10, 2017
The South Tahoe junior pee wee football team won its second straight Snow Bowl championship Saturday, Nov. 4, with a 32-0 dominating win over Sparks at Douglas High School.
Shawn Stonecipher scored two touchdowns and Elias Aguilar, Braden Ball and Marcus Vidaurri each scored once for the champs.
"The boys reached a goal in coming back to the championship," said coach Carlos Vidaurri. "They proved a lot to themselves, their parents and especially us coaches on how dedicated they can be. These 12 boys have earned respect from the entire league. They always play with class and respect to players on the other teams. As a coaching staff, we are proud and feel privileged to coach this group of boys."
The pee wees have one last game, The Best of the West, Saturday in Santa Clara against a Bay Area team.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe’s Langemeier inks letter to play at D1 Jacksonville
- South Tahoe boys basketball edges Lowry in Div. I-A Northern League semifinals, punches ticket to state tournament
- Sierra-at-Tahoe offers free skiing to passholders at neighboring resorts
- Sierra-at-Tahoe race results
- Highlander’s Wallner signs letter to attend, play soccer for Vassar College
- Taqueria Jalisco reopens in new Tallac Avenue location
- Tree falls through home, totals two cars in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report 1 foot of new snow; more in forecast for South Shore
- Guest column: Tahoe, El Dorado County & VHRs (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Up to 7 inches of new snow possible Thursday