South Tahoe swimmers make quick work of Sage Ridge
April 4, 2018
The South Tahoe boys' and girls' swim teams made quick work of short-handed Sage Ridge on Saturday, March 31, at the South Lake Tahoe Recreation Complex.
The girls earned a 121-30 win while the boys prevailed 134-39.
Vikings' Alexandra Otomo took first place in four events. She won two individual events and was part of two winning relay teams. Otomo won the 200-yard freestyle and 100 backstroke.
She teamed with Hannah Lucas, Sophie Stewart and Madelynn Evans to win the 200 medley relay and later won the 400 free relay with Stewart, Lucas and Jessie Brown.
Evans, Brown, Zoe Brosch and Hannah Trew won the 200 free relay.
Also winning individual events for the Viking girls were Stewart in the 100 fly, Evans in the 500 free and Lucas in the 100 breaststroke.
Recommended Stories For You
Owen Slater and Tristan Klasko each won four events to lead the South Tahoe boys.
Slater individually won the 50 and 100 free races while Klasko claimed the 100 fly and 500 free.
Slater and Klasko also teamed with Tevan Martorana and Zachary Harris to win the 200 medley relay. Later Slater and Klasko swam with Josiah Brackett and Martorana to win the 400 free relay.
Martorana won the 100 breast.
Harris, Brackett, Douglas Abbbott and Lars Romsos won the 200 free relay.
The Vikings next will swim against Truckee at 4 p.m. Saturday, April 7, at Truckee.
Trending In: Sports
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Incline volleyers rally falls short in state championships
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region