South Tahoe volleyball swept at Truckee
October 7, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The South Tahoe volleyball team was handed a decisive defeat by its biggest rival on Friday night. The Vikings were swept by Truckee 25-21, 25-17, 25-23, their first three-set loss in seven league matches this season.
"It was a rough game for us because of unforced errors — we just couldn't get any rhythm the whole time," Vikings head coach Dan McLaughlin said. "We're going to learn from this experience and be stronger for it."
South Tahoe (12-10, 4-3 I-A Northern) suffered its second straight defeat in league play with the three-set loss to the Wolverines. Truckee (9-7, 6-1) notched its second straight sweep — the Wolverines have dropped only five sets in their first seven league matches.
"Sometimes you have rough games — you can't dwell on it, all you can do is move onto the next game," McLaughlin said.
In the loss, outside hitter Paige Naccarato had a team-high 11 kills to go along with nine digs and an ace. Outside hitter Kendhyl Delacour finished with seven kills, a block and an ace, outside hitter Jade Child recorded six kills, and outside hitter Lexi Steinberg added a kill.
Defensively, libero Kaitlynn Watson led South Tahoe with 16 digs. Middle hitter Haley Crowson added a block and an ace.
Recommended Stories For You
"We're still in the middle of the playoff hunt, we still have a chance to reach our goals and we're still one of the better teams in the league — that hasn't changed," McLaughlin said.
South Tahoe concluded the first round of league play Tuesday at Fallon. The Vikings start the second round Friday night at Elko at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe