South Tahoe volleyers lose heartbreaker to Truckee
September 17, 2018
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. — South Tahoe lost an emotional five-set struggle on Tuesday with its rival Truckee.
The Vikings lost the first set 25-18 before taking the next two 25-22 and 26-24. The Wolverines battled back winning 25-12 and 16-14 in a thrilling final set.
It was South Tahoe's (3-1 3A Northern League) first league loss while the Wolverines (6-0 Northern) remained unbeaten.
Layne Hembree had 14 kills and Jerra McLaughlin added 13 to lead the South Tahoe attack.
The Vikings served for 11 aces with three each from Kaitlyn Racca and Ruby Abuhajleh and two apiece by Hembree and Tyler Pevenage.
Jordan Malkus had four solo blocks and Madi Riley had two.
Recommended Stories For You
Hailey Naccarato made 31 digs and set up six kills and Pevenage had 29 assists.
The Vikings next will play at Elko Friday night and will play at Spring Creek Saturday afternoon.
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- Incline boys net 4 hoops victories in 4 days at Whittell tournament
- Incline Village volleyball stars Racich, Cohn earn top awards
- Whittell hoops wins 5th straight to open season; host big tournament this week
- Viking boys run up against stiff competition at Wild West Shootout
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms