South Tahoe wrestling season ends in Northern League Championships
February 7, 2018
South Tahoe wrestler Nate Singleyn earned fourth place and four of his teammates captured fifth Friday and Saturday, Feb. 2-3, at the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association's 3A Northern League Wrestling Championships at Spring Creek High School.
Unfortunately for the Vikings grapplers, none of the results were good enough to reach the state meet, ending the season for South Tahoe.
Singelyn, a sophomore competing in the 132-pound weight class, lost a 4-1 decision in the third-place match. The top three in each weight division were awarded spots in the state bracket.
Gavin Breen (106), Kody Griffis (145), Jose Leon (170) and Kyle Leake (220) all came in fifth place. Skyler Bledsoe (113) and Josiah Brackett (160) both finished in sixth. Breen won his fifth-place match with a 3-2 decision, Griffis received a bye, Leon won by fall and Leake earned a 2-1 decision.
Spring Creek wrestlers won seven of the 14 weight classes.
Trending In: Sports
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- Lake Tahoe School excels at track, field league championships
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Study finds bears hibernating less with warmer winters, access to human food (video)
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail