South Tahoe wrestling season ends in Northern League Championships
February 7, 2018
South Tahoe wrestler Nate Singleyn earned fourth place and four of his teammates captured fifth Friday and Saturday, Feb. 2-3, at the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association's 3A Northern League Wrestling Championships at Spring Creek High School.
Unfortunately for the Vikings grapplers, none of the results were good enough to reach the state meet, ending the season for South Tahoe.
Singelyn, a sophomore competing in the 132-pound weight class, lost a 4-1 decision in the third-place match. The top three in each weight division were awarded spots in the state bracket.
Gavin Breen (106), Kody Griffis (145), Jose Leon (170) and Kyle Leake (220) all came in fifth place. Skyler Bledsoe (113) and Josiah Brackett (160) both finished in sixth. Breen won his fifth-place match with a 3-2 decision, Griffis received a bye, Leon won by fall and Leake earned a 2-1 decision.
Spring Creek wrestlers won seven of the 14 weight classes.
Trending In: Sports
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday