Squaw Valley’s Ballinger to be featured speaker at Ski Run Presents
March 11, 2018
World-class mountaineer, skier and business leader Adrian Ballinger will be Ski Run Presents' featured speaker from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, March 14, at Blue Angel Café.
Ballinger, of Squaw Valley, is a professional speaker and is the founder and head guide for the internationally acclaimed Alpenglow Expeditions. He has helped more than 100 clients successfully summit Mount Everest, Lhotse, the fourth tallest mountain in the world, Manaslu, the eighth tallest and Cho Oyu, the sixth tallest.
Ballinger last year summited Everest without using extra oxygen, a feat about only 200 or so have achieved. He documented his ascent using Snapchat to provide an "unfiltered" look at his climbing experience.
Happy hour starts at 6 p.m. and the show, "Everest No Filter: Featuring Adrian Ballinger," begins at 7.
Trending In: Sports
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Lady Coyotes advance, receive surprise after drubbing Evergreen Valley
- Lady Coyotes angry at playoff seed, ready for Evergreen Saturday in 1st round
- Shooting restrictions affect Tahoe region, gun safety urged
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors