STFC partners with Tahoe Training Camps
December 25, 2017
The South Tahoe Futbol Club has partnered with Tahoe Training Camps to become the club's official camp provider to further "elevate players' games."
The STFC hosts Come up for Air, a huge soccer tournament that brings hundreds of youth teams to South Lake Tahoe twice per year. They compete on fields here at Tahoe during the weekend — the visiting teams fill up hotels and restaurants.
STFC thinks that partnering with Tahoe Training Camps founder Leon Abravanel can help their kids become better players and receive more training.
"He can incorporate a higher level training and our kids can benefit from that," said STFC vice president Mark Salmon. "He's very enthusiastic, smart, knows soccer, business savvy and he puts together a nice package."
Abravanel, a 2004 South Tahoe graduate and member of Vikings state championship winning soccer teams, started the company a couple of years ago and has visions of bringing top-tier programs to South Lake Tahoe to train.
"When a coach tells a player to focus, does that player really know what that means?" asked Abravanel, who recently finished his first season as head coach of the varsity boy's soccer team at South Tahoe High School. "We use a comprehensive approach, including yoga and fitness training. Being a partner with STFC is one of the coolest things we can be a part of. And they get a professional company to run their training camps."
Recommended Stories For You
Abravanel is looking to carve a niche and build his life around bringing world-class events to the Tahoe Basin and build a "center of excellence."
"People want to come to Tahoe, it's a world-class place," Abravanel said. "We have world-class fields and we should be running world-class events."
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- Incline boys net 4 hoops victories in 4 days at Whittell tournament
- Incline Village volleyball stars Racich, Cohn earn top awards
- Whittell hoops wins 5th straight to open season; host big tournament this week
- Viking boys run up against stiff competition at Wild West Shootout
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms