STHS boys’ swimmers top Spanish Springs
April 25, 2005
Tim Powers won the 200-freestyle and 50-freestyle and was the anchor on the Vikings’ winning 400-freestyle relay team, helping South Tahoe High to a 115-111 win on Saturday over Spanish Springs at the Rec Center Pool.
Dab Rabbetts also won two individual events, taking first in the 200 individual medley (2:28) and the 100 backstroke (1:08), and swam the first-leg on the winning relay team that finished in 4:07.03.
Evan Sarosik took first in the 100 butterfly (1:17.31) and second in the 200 freestyle (2:28.40) for South Tahoe, which collected its third win of the season. Kyle Sullivan and Josh Staff each recorded a pair of second-place finishes for the Vikings, while Robert Reed took second in the 100 butterfly (1:19.21).
In the girls’ meet, Spanish Springs pulled out a 164-122 victory over the Vikings. Lacey Payne and Natalie Turner led the way for the South Tahoe girls, with Turner winning two events and Payne winning one and finishing second in another.
Turner won the 50 freestyle (26.40) and the 100 freestyle (59.12) and was part of the Vikings’ relay team that won the 200 freestyle. Payne took first in the 200 individual medley (2:32.62) and second in the 100 freestyle (1:02.90). She also swam on the 200 freestyle team that finished in 1:56.31.
Rachel Corey (100 butterfly) and Lindsay Best (100 breaststroke) each had a second-place finish, while Katie Harding collected a pair of third-place finishes (200 freestyle, 500 freestyle).
Recommended Stories For You
South Tahoe hosts Galena on Saturday at 9 a.m. at the Rec Center Pool. It is the Vikings’ final meet of the season.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely