STHS golf team close to playoff form
March 28, 2003
The South Tahoe golf team is closing in on the eighth and final spot to advance to the Northern Nevada 4A league playoffs, finishing in ninth place at Wildcreek in Sparks on Wednesday.
The Vikings finished two strokes behind Reno for eighth place.
Galena won the match with a team score of 422, followed by Carson (433), Douglas (440), Reed (448), Spanish Springs (449), McQueen (453), Fallon (470), Reno (473), South Tahoe (475), North Valleys (494), Elko (496), Sparks (530) and Wooster (541).
STHS coach Mike Patterson said his team is close to making the cut, but the season has a ways to go.
“Ninth place puts us two points out of eighth, where we need to be,” Patterson said. “Hopefully we can make up at least two points when we play at Sierra Nevada on Tuesday.”
Individually, Hunter Harris led the way for the Vikings with a score of 88, followed by Alex Yure with 90, Dan D’Angelo 97, Langdon Owen 99 and Andrew Wysong and Nate Alcorn 101 each.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- South Tahoe sends nearly a dozen swimmers to state meet
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar