STHS golf team ninth in league opener
March 20, 2003
The South Tahoe High golf team is not quite up to the form of last year’s team, which advanced to regionals in the Northern Nevada 4A Sierra League, but the team isn’t too far off.
In the first of six Nevada Cup matches for the Vikings this year, the golf team finished ninth out of 14 teams, one spot away from the top eight, which would mean making regionals for the fourth straight year. The match was played at Sierra Sage yesterday afternoon.
“Our goal is to make it back to regionals, where we have been as a team each of the past three years,” said STHS golf coach Mike Patterson. “It wasn’t what we were looking for today but if we improve all season long we certainly have a good chance of qualifying for regionals this year.”
Hunter Harris was the low scorer for the Vikings with a 79, followed by Alex Yure and Dan D’Angelo (85 each), Andrew Whitesong (89) and Nate Alcorn (95).
Galena won the match with a 380, followed by Reed (386), Carson (402), Fallon (404), McQueen (407), Douglas (414), Spanish Springs (417), Reno (422), South Tahoe (433), Elko (444), North Valleys (456), Sparks (496) and Wooster (536).
The Vikings play next at Wildcreek March 26 beginning at 1 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe