STHS soccer shuts out Damonte
October 22, 2008
Kyle Wallace and Giovanni Perez each scored goals as the South Tahoe boys’ soccer team shut out Damonte Ranch 2-0 in a Sierra League game on Wednesday in Reno.
It was the Vikings’ third consecutive win, improving their record to 7-11-1 overall and 6-7 in league. South Tahoe scored both of its goals in the first half.
“We definitely dominated this time around,” said STHS coach Chris DeLeon. “It was Damonte’s senior night, so that gave us a little more motivation to win. But it was pretty cool because, at one point, there was all underclassmen on the field for us.”
The Vikings close out the season against league champion Carson on Saturday at 11 a.m. in South Lake Tahoe. The game is senior day for STHS.
The South Tahoe doubles team of Lindsey Buchanan-Martin and Savannah Cherry will find out its Nevada 4A state tournament quarterfinal opponent today. The Northern 4A regional runners-up will either play a No. 2 seed or a No. 1 seed from the Sunset or Sunrise leagues from Las Vegas.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union