STHS swim team sets two school records
March 10, 2003
The South Tahoe High School swim team started off its season with a weekend meet in Carson City, and despite a loss to the Senators, the Vikings managed to set some good times and even break a couple of school records.
The boys team broke the STHS record in the 200 medley and the 400 free relays and 11 swimmers set regional qualifying times, according to Vikings coach Dale Bogard.
The record-setting 200 and 400 medley relay team is made up of Timmy Powers, Zack Powers, Ansel Robinson and Andrew Contreras.
Overall, the Vikings didn’t fare as well as a team, with the girls dropping their division to the Senators 157-118 and the boys losing 137-113.
South Tahoe swimmers of the meet were Josh Staff in the 50 freestyle with a time of 31.20 seconds in his first competition; Andrew Contreras, who qualified for regionals in the 500 freestyle and 100 breaststroke; and Bailey Flood with regional qualifying times in the 200 individual medley and 100 breaststroke.
“Jessica Godsey had a fantastic team effort in her first meet,” Bogard added.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- South Tahoe sends nearly a dozen swimmers to state meet
- Incline tracksters to be well-represented in Carson City
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain, thunderstorms, warmer temperatures in forecast