STHS volleyball tests Carson, but Senators pulls out win
October 9, 2008
Brianna Anderson and Cameo Lomorri each had 10 kills, with Lomorri also contributing 24 digs and a team-high four aces, to help lead the Carson volleyball team to a 25-17, 20-25, 25-22, 25-17 Sierra League victory on Thursday night at South Tahoe High School.
The first three games were back and forth affairs, but the Senators jumped ahead 14-8 in the decisive fourth game and never trailed again. Danae Eckart 30 digs and Nikki Keller added four blocks for Carson, which improved to 6-3 in league.
South Tahoe, meanwhile, dropped to 10-8 overall and 1-7 in league. The Vikings had several standout performances, led by Rachel Kaufer’s 13 kills and 27 digs. Kasey Roberts contributed 27 digs for South Tahoe, which also got seven kills and two blocks by Chelsea Madsen and two blocks and five kills by Caroline Baghdikian.
The Vikings host Wooster on Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- Lake Tahoe School excels at track, field league championships
- Susie Lake: 8 miles of bliss in Desolation Wilderness