Swedish boardercross rider dies
March 12, 2006
Swedish snowboarder Jonatan Johansson died Sunday from injuries suffered during a fall on a training run for an International Ski Federation boardercross race at Whiteface Mountain in Lake Placid, N.Y., according to http://www.ussnowboarding.org.
Johansson, who turned 26 last week, was on the course alone when he fell. Doctors immediately arrived on the scene, which happened on a green-rated run, and he was later transported to a nearby medical center.
Johansson, who was wearing a helmet when he fell, was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the medical center. He was coming off a 12th place finish at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe