Tahoe Revolution 13U girls to fight for state soccer title
December 6, 2017
The Tahoe Revolution, the girls South Tahoe Futbol Club 13 and under team, won its quarterfinal and semifinal games of the Nor Cal Premier State Cup this last weekend to progress to the State Cup Championship on Saturday, Dec. 9, in Modesto.
The Revolution defeated the Central Valley Premier club from Visalia 4-3 in a shootout. The game was tied 0-0 at the end of regulation and two overtime periods.
The next day, the Revolution battled the Sunnyvale Alliance and again went to a shootout to determine the winner. Tahoe prevailed 3-0. Malia Solis, Anna Sharpe and Isabel Wigart scored the semifinal goals and they also received a "stunning" performance from goalkeeper Leah Nisenfeld, who did not allow a goal during the shootout.
"The entire team played a stellar weekend of soccer with every team member contributing to the team's success," said assistant coach Russell Wigart. "It was a hard fought, suspenseful and emotional battle that resulted in an opportunity to compete for the NorCal State Cup this weekend."
"This weekend was a true test of mental metal from our team," said head coach Joaquin Solis. "These 12-year-olds have demonstrated all season that there are no limits with this passionate bunch. They stepped up to the penalty mark not once but twice in two games, putting their stamp on a ticket to the State Cup Championship game."
The Revolution will compete Saturday against South Valley Chivas Academy of Porterville for the title. Kickoff is at 1 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Incline volleyers rally falls short in state championships
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region