Tahoe Sports and Entertainment names Michael Findorff GM
October 3, 2014
The organization that runs South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena is now under new direction. Tahoe Sports and Entertainment appointed Michael Findorff as general manager and coaching director Sept. 30.
"This hiring process proved that patience was the best approach," TSE owner Van Oleson said. "After an exhaustive search by the TSE Advisory Group — which is made up of local leaders — and working with many candidates, Michael's background positioned him clearly as the ideal candidate for both the TSE GM and coaching positions."
Findorff joins TSE from Vail Resorts, where he spent four years. Prior to growing through the ranks there, Findorff spent two years pursuing a professional hockey career in the NHL with the New York Islanders and Phoenix Coyotes.
"Michael's customer service and management background as Mountain and Village Service Supervisor then Assistant Manager in Products, Sales, and Service for Vail Resorts is key for the evolution of TSE," Oleson said. "After three years of business sustainability and growth, this is the guy our team needs to accelerate TSE's objectives. For TSE, we are on to the next level in business growth, program development and improved customer service."
An accomplished manager, Findorff received a B.A. in business management information systems from Miami University of Ohio, where he completed four seasons of NCAA Division I hockey. Having grown up in Jackson Hole, Wyo. and Colorado Springs, Colo. as a passionate young hockey player, Findorff is long accustomed to small-town mountain life.
Findorff is making the move to South Lake Tahoe from Tahoe City, Calif. with his wife Tara, who will be working in the orthopedic office at Barton Health. Both Findorff and his wife love the outdoor lifestyle of Tahoe and enjoy boating, mountain biking, hiking, golfing — and of course, skiing and snowboarding.
Recommended Stories For You
Since acquiring the management agreement in 2011, Tahoe Sports and Entertainment has proved its philosophy to feature Tahoe Ice Arena as a destination venue, offering differentiated tournament and elite training programs that feature Tahoe's attributes and amenities. Attracting athletes and families from across the globe allows TSE to fuel its local community outreach programs.
In the past three years, TSE has had tremendous success demonstrating that a public and private partnership can produce dramatic business growth to deliver significant economic impact to South Lake Tahoe while providing more opportunities to local youth through TSE's community outreach programs. For more information, visit http://www.tahoearena.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe