Tahoe Swim Club takes 32 firsts at Fallon meet
May 22, 2003
The Tahoe Swim Club took 32 firsts at the Fallon Spring Fever Invitational Meet hosted by the Fallon Barracudas last month at the Churchill County Pool.
First-place finishers for the club in individual events were Sarah Breisacher, 10; Allison Churchill, 9; Tyler Fairbank, 12; Dan Kalinowski, 6; Cassandra Marin, 7; Francisco Marin, 9; Shelby McIntyre, 8; Lacey Payne, 14; and Albert Reed, 10.
Also swimming to a first place was the girls’ 10-and-under free relay team of Cassandra Marin, Casey Willits, Mary Kalinowski and McIntyre. The boys’ 10-and-under free relay team of Francisco Marin, Kevin Brand, Trevor Fairbank and Reed also took a first place, as did the girls’ 10-and-under 100 medley relay team of Marin, Kalinowski, McIntyre and Churchill and the boys’ 10-and-under medley relay team of Marin, Kalinowski, Fairbank and Reed.
Tahoe Swim Club coaches are Jerry Erickson, Dale Bogard and Lee Payne.
The club, open to kids ages 6-18, practices Monday through Thursday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the South Lake Tahoe Recreation Center pool, with about 60 to 70 team members.
Sign-ups for the summer swim league are scheduled June 2-4 at the recreation center.
Recommended Stories For You
“There are three days to try out and see if they like it,” Bogard said. “We will have parent coordinators here talking to parents. Participants need to be on the swim deck by 4 p.m.”
Cost for the league is $175, which includes registration with Pacific Swimming.
Questions should be directed to the swim hotline at (530) 541-7283.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe