Trebotich’s 3-pointer beats Alder Creek
November 22, 2005
Facing a double-digit deficit minutes into its game at Alder Creek on Tuesday, South Tahoe Middle School appeared to be headed for a lopsided Tah-Neva League boys’ basketball defeat.
But the STMS eighth-grade team didn’t let that happen, rallying for a 44-43 victory in Truckee.
Feeding off their defensive play, the Timberwolves came back for their first victory on Otto Trebotich’s game-winning 3-pointer with three seconds remaining.
STMS trailed 43-41 with 11 seconds remaining when Trebotich beat Alder Creek’s full-court pressure and banked in the winning shot from the right wing as the clock ticked down.
Alder Creek’s desperation shot at the final buzzer was off the mark.
Recommended Stories For You
STMS scored the final four points of the first half to trail 25-14. Sensing that they could make a run, the Timberwolves scored 30 second-half points to pull out the victory.
Trebotich and Garrett Tinlin spearheaded the comeback with 14 points apiece. Tanner Braun added eight points, McQuade Brubaker four and Kevin Green and Jordan Yingling two apiece.
Dakota Stewart, Efrain Olivas, Peter Chu and Kyle Wilkinson also contributed in the comeback win.
Trending In: Sports
- Truck over side of Kingsbury Grade results in discovery of 2nd wreck
- Swimmer rescued after leg becomes stuck between boulders at Lake Tahoe
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
- Historic Lake Tahoe home sells for $10 million
- New fitness center Gym Love opens in South Lake Tahoe