Trebotich’s 3-pointer beats Alder Creek
November 22, 2005
Facing a double-digit deficit minutes into its game at Alder Creek on Tuesday, South Tahoe Middle School appeared to be headed for a lopsided Tah-Neva League boys’ basketball defeat.
But the STMS eighth-grade team didn’t let that happen, rallying for a 44-43 victory in Truckee.
Feeding off their defensive play, the Timberwolves came back for their first victory on Otto Trebotich’s game-winning 3-pointer with three seconds remaining.
STMS trailed 43-41 with 11 seconds remaining when Trebotich beat Alder Creek’s full-court pressure and banked in the winning shot from the right wing as the clock ticked down.
Alder Creek’s desperation shot at the final buzzer was off the mark.
Recommended Stories For You
STMS scored the final four points of the first half to trail 25-14. Sensing that they could make a run, the Timberwolves scored 30 second-half points to pull out the victory.
Trebotich and Garrett Tinlin spearheaded the comeback with 14 points apiece. Tanner Braun added eight points, McQuade Brubaker four and Kevin Green and Jordan Yingling two apiece.
Dakota Stewart, Efrain Olivas, Peter Chu and Kyle Wilkinson also contributed in the comeback win.
Trending In: Sports
- Sun Valley Resort and Snowbasin Resort join the Epic Pass
- Heavenly’s backcountry requires common sense, not cell phones
- Champs! Incline smashes Yerington to claim league hoops title
- Jamie Anderson withdraws from X Games slopestyle event after ‘heavy slam’ in big air
- Cold-shooting Warriors suffer costly loss to Pyramid Lake, eye No. 2 seed
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday