Vikes to scrimmage Saturday
August 17, 2005
A new field and a new coach. That will be the theme on Saturday when first-year South Tahoe High football coach Nick Samaras takes his Vikings into a three-team scrimmage at the Community Field.
The Vikings’ varsity and freshman squads are scheduled to scrimmage Sparks and Incline starting at 10:30 a.m.
With the start of the regular season two weeks away, the first of two Saturday scrimmages comes at a good time.
“They are learning a new system and it’s taking some time,” Samaras said. “I want to see what we need to fix to get ready for the season, that’s what scrimmages are for. We are gonna make mistakes and we need to see what they are and correct them. And (this Saturday) gives us a good chance to look at personnel.”
The Vikings are also scheduled to scrimmage Whittell and Silver Stage the following Saturday in Zephyr Cove.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- South Tahoe sends nearly a dozen swimmers to state meet
- Incline’s baseball magic runs out in playoffs
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Big mudslide blocks US 395 near Nevada-California state line (updated)
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar