Viking boys return favor in overtime win against Dayton, beat North Valleys
February 1, 2019
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. — South Tahoe exacted some revenge this past week.
The Vikings boys basketball team knocked off two teams it lost to earlier in the season and has moved into a tie for fourth in the 3A Northern League.
The Vikings beat Dayton (6-6 Northern) 38-31 in overtime Friday, Jan. 25, at home and topped North Valleys, 63-56, Tuesday in Reno.
Andrew Lehmann scored 13 points, including three 3-pointers and Cameron Lehmann added 11 points and three assists to help the Vikings avenge in overtime loss they received Dec. 14 (51-46) in Dayton.
Also for the Vikings (7-9, 7-6 Northern) Kevin Lehmann added six points, six rebounds and three assists, Carl Valiente netted six points and Cameron Johnson scored a bucket.
South Tahoe erased a five-point deficit to start the second quarter (18-13) against North Valleys (4-8 Northern) and raced out to a 35-26 lead at halftime.
Recommended Stories For You
South Tahoe has won three of its last four and will go for a third straight victory at 7:30 p.m. Friday against rival Truckee on the road.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend