Viking girls improve, but lose to Incline
December 8, 2017
Three players scored in double figures Tuesday, but the South Tahoe Vikings girls' basketball team suffered a 46-37 non-league loss against host Incline.
Bailey Segers, Malorie Neiger and Kaitlyn Janese led the Vikings in points and head coach Mike Neiger saw improvement.
"We had a much better energy and sense of urgency," Neiger said. "We kept the deficit under 10 during the second half but couldn't quite get a stop when we needed it. The girls were able to make a slight adjustment on offense which created open looks and they attacked the hoop much more."
The Vikings (0-4) played Douglas Thursday night, Dec. 7, (after deadline) and will begin league play Saturday, Dec. 9, against Lowry in Winnemucca, Nevada.
Their home opener will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 12, against Truckee.
Trending In: Sports
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal