Viking golfers score a pair of 3rd-place finishes
April 27, 2018
South Tahoe finished in third place in back-to-back golf tournaments on consecutive days this week.
The Vikings shot a 361 Wednesday, April 25, at Winnemucca Municipal Golf Course and recorded a 358 the day before at Fallon Golf Course.
The tournament at Winnemucca was highly-competitive, with Spring Creek earning the overall title with a 338, one stroke better than Lowry.
South Tahoe tied for third with Fallon and Elko at 361.
Connor Molesworth led the way for the Vikings with an 88 while Mickey Sullivan added an 89. Also for South Tahoe, Bailey Sommerfiled carded a 91 and Dalton Drum rounded out the scoring with a 93. Marcus Slack was just out of the top four with a 94 and Noah Lyle shot a 104.
At Fallon, Slack was the low scorer with an 87 while Sullivan stayed consistent with another 89. Molesworth shot a 90 and Sommerfield a 92 to complete the Vikings scoring.
Recommended Stories For You
South Tahoe will play its first match in the basin this season at noon Wednesday, May 2, at Lake Tahoe Golf Course.
Trending In: Sports
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Incline volleyers rally falls short in state championships
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region