Vikings blow out Dayton
April 6, 2005
Randy Henson went 3 for 6 with a home run and four RBIs to lead five different South Tahoe Vikings with multi-hit games in a 15-4 win on Tuesday against Dayton in Dayton.
Henson also had two doubles for the Vikings, who recorded their most lopsided victory of the season. Daniel Tinlin pitched two innings in the victory, while Buck Pershing pitched the final five innings. Pershing had a good game offensively as well, going 3 for 5 with two RBI.
Jamie Moore went 3 for 5 with two RBIs, Chris Diana 2 for 5 with a double and two RBIs and Garrett Datrio 3 for 3 with a double. Datrio also scored two runs and had two RBI in the win, while leadoff batter Kyle Jones drew four walks.
“It was a good game for us,” said first-year coach Matt Tillson. “We played really well, actually. We did leave 12 runners on base so we need to do a better job of cleaning that up.”
South Tahoe resumes Sierra Division play starting today with a game against Douglas at 3:30 p.m. in Minden. The two teams meet for a doubleheader on Saturday starting at 10 a.m. at Douglas High.
Trending In: Sports
- Incline senior going for unprecedented 4th state swimming title
- South Tahoe’s Buchholz, Whittell’s White, Rippett win Northern League titles, qualify for state
- South Tahoe earns 5th place at state golf tourney
- Paige Spiranac talks to Tahoe youth about overcoming cyberbullying
- South Tahoe sends nearly a dozen swimmers to state meet
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes
- Man who stole ski passes from Lake Tahoe resort faces probation violation
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- Caltrans: Stoplight at Camp Richardson discontinued indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe AleWorX prepares to open second taproom featuring full bar