Vikings boys’ hoops travels to get forfeit victory
December 31, 2017
The South Tahoe boys' basketball team traveled a long way Thursday, Dec. 28, to not play its scheduled non-league game.
The Vikings were to play Johnson High School at 3 p.m. in Sacramento, but no referees arrived to officiate. The Vikings were awarded a forfeit victory over the Warriors.
South Tahoe (5-4, 3-1 3A Northern League) has now posted victories in four of its last five to head into 2018.
The Vikings will host the Dayton Dust Devils (6-3, 2-2 Northern) at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 2, and will finish the two-game homestand at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 6, against the Fernley Vaqueros (7-4, 2-1 Northern).
Trending In: Sports
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89