South Tahoe boys’ soccer punches postseason ticket
October 25, 2017
The South Tahoe boy's soccer team played three games in a four-day stretch and won a pair to help solidify a playoff berth.
The Vikings buried Churchill Monday at home 8-1 after a payback 3-2 victory over Spring Creek on Saturday. They lost 5-4 to Elko on Friday night on the road.
South Tahoe (7-5-3 3A Northern League) is in fourth place in league behind North Tahoe (14-0), Truckee (12-2-1) and Sparks (9-4-1) and are tied with Elko (8-8) and just ahead of Spring Creek (7-7-2).
The top five teams in league qualify for playoffs and the Vikings will finish as the fourth seed win or lose Thursday, Oct. 26, in their regular season finale against undefeated North Tahoe.
They will play either Battle Mountain or Dayton, who play each other Friday, Oct. 27, in the season finale for both teams. The playoffs will begin Nov. 2 and will be hosted by Lowry High School in Winnemucca, Nevada.
Trending In: Sports
- UPDATE: Crews find body of missing skier at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm
- Presidential visits to Lake Tahoe
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements dropped on some area highways (updated)