Vikings softball improving, wins 1st game of the season
April 6, 2018
The South Tahoe Vikings girls' softball team earned its first victory of the season Thursday, April, 5, against Sparks at South Tahoe Middle School.
With no seniors, six juniors and 12 sophomores and freshmen, the Vikings have suffered through some growing pains, but have steadily improved as the season continues.
The Vikings edged the Railroaders 4-3 in the first game of a doubleheader but lost 25-5 in the nightcap.
"I've been really happy with the development of the girls," said Vikings head coach Dave Galicia. "We have some girls taking the lead and at the end of the year, we'll be in much better shape. The girls are having fun, working hard and fighting right to the last pitch."
The Vikings (1-11 3A Northern League), next will play Friday, April 13, at Truckee followed by a doubleheader the next day also in Truckee.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ basketball rolls past rival Truckee
- Some Lake Tahoe resorts offering deals for first-time skiers and riders
- ST, Whittell, Incline battle conditions, have mixed results at ski meet
- Viking girls can’t hold second-half lead in loss to rival Wolverines
- Highlander boys catch fire after alarm goes off
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country