Vote for Tahoe Tribune Student Athletes of the Month
March 5, 2018
The Tahoe Daily Tribune is showcasing two high school student athletes, one male and one female, each month of the academic year, and you decide which athletes we feature. Voting starts March 3 and will run for one week. The winners will be featured in the Tribune later this month.
The South Tahoe senior was one of the Vikings best tennis players in the fall and she's one of the best skiers on the school's alpine team this winter. Allen recently finished the state championships with the Viking girls best results combined in both events.
Hussey was the Warriors most consistent player this year on the hardwood the second half of the season. Hussey made all-Northern League honorable mention. She was the only player from the girls' team to be recognized for her performance.
Recommended Stories For You
The South Tahoe junior has been the fastest alpine skier this year for the Vikings and recently helped lead the team to a second-place finish in the state championships at Alpine Meadows. Allen finished third in both the slalom and giant slalom and was also third in the combined.
The Warriors senior was basically the lone inside threat on Whittell's Class 1A Northern Region championship team. The 6-foot-6 center controlled the glass with rebounds and changed and blocked a lot of shots. Libert wasn't one of the Warriors top scorers but he was every bit as important.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe Tribune review: Lime scooters fun, sometimes scary, to ride
- Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz excited for US Senior Open, celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe
- Steph Curry returning to Lake Tahoe for American Century Championship celebrity golf
- Icemen star Frys commits to college on East Coast
- 22nd annual CUFA tournament features 175 teams on Lake Tahoe South Shore
- Lime electric scooters pose challenges for South Lake Tahoe law enforcement
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lake Tahoe elected officials fight for return of Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA
- Guest column: A VHR owner’s perspective on what is happening in South Lake Tahoe (opinion)