Vote for Tahoe Tribune Student Athletes of the Month
March 5, 2018
The Tahoe Daily Tribune is showcasing two high school student athletes, one male and one female, each month of the academic year, and you decide which athletes we feature. Voting starts March 3 and will run for one week. The winners will be featured in the Tribune later this month.
The South Tahoe senior was one of the Vikings best tennis players in the fall and she's one of the best skiers on the school's alpine team this winter. Allen recently finished the state championships with the Viking girls best results combined in both events.
Hussey was the Warriors most consistent player this year on the hardwood the second half of the season. Hussey made all-Northern League honorable mention. She was the only player from the girls' team to be recognized for her performance.
Recommended Stories For You
The South Tahoe junior has been the fastest alpine skier this year for the Vikings and recently helped lead the team to a second-place finish in the state championships at Alpine Meadows. Allen finished third in both the slalom and giant slalom and was also third in the combined.
The Warriors senior was basically the lone inside threat on Whittell's Class 1A Northern Region championship team. The 6-foot-6 center controlled the glass with rebounds and changed and blocked a lot of shots. Libert wasn't one of the Warriors top scorers but he was every bit as important.
Trending In: Sports
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Lady Coyotes advance, receive surprise after drubbing Evergreen Valley
- Lady Coyotes angry at playoff seed, ready for Evergreen Saturday in 1st round
- Shooting restrictions affect Tahoe region, gun safety urged
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors