Warriors gain experience in Quincy
August 29, 2004
For a team mostly made up of sophomore and freshmen, the Whittell High Warriors got what they needed over weekend – on-the-field experience.
The Warriors won once and tied two other teams in five games at the Quincy boys’ soccer tournament Friday and Saturday at Feather River College.
After losing to Redding Christian 2-0 in their opener, the Warriors bounced back to tie Golden Sierra 2-2. Cody Harrington and Jonathan Sosa tallied goals for the Warriors.
Next, Whittell defeated Plumas Christian behind Tim Prebezac’s hat trick.
Sosa scored the Warriors’ lone goal in a 1-1 tie with Liberty Christian and Whittell wrapped up tournament play with a 1-0 defeat to the Truckee junior varsity.
Recommended Stories For You
“It was a good experience for us … a good bonding experience for our kids,” said WHS coach Steve Maltase. “We improved dramatically from beginning to end.”
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe