Warriors gain experience in Quincy
August 29, 2004
For a team mostly made up of sophomore and freshmen, the Whittell High Warriors got what they needed over weekend – on-the-field experience.
The Warriors won once and tied two other teams in five games at the Quincy boys’ soccer tournament Friday and Saturday at Feather River College.
After losing to Redding Christian 2-0 in their opener, the Warriors bounced back to tie Golden Sierra 2-2. Cody Harrington and Jonathan Sosa tallied goals for the Warriors.
Next, Whittell defeated Plumas Christian behind Tim Prebezac’s hat trick.
Sosa scored the Warriors’ lone goal in a 1-1 tie with Liberty Christian and Whittell wrapped up tournament play with a 1-0 defeat to the Truckee junior varsity.
Recommended Stories For You
“It was a good experience for us … a good bonding experience for our kids,” said WHS coach Steve Maltase. “We improved dramatically from beginning to end.”
Trending In: Sports
- Vikings baseball off to hot start, sweeps North Valleys
- Incline star Redfern sweeps MVP awards, freshman Stranzl earns top honors
- South Tahoe’s Griffis signs to play football for Presentation College
- State Champs! Incline Village prevails over The Meadows School in Las Vegas
- Champion Highlanders clean up with state, league basketball awards
- Missing snowboarder found dead at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- High-tech fight on aquatic invasive plants in Lake Tahoe shows promising results
- Bear cubs found by California highway may have been poached
- Lime plans to return to South Lake Tahoe this summer with e-scooters; company ditching bikes