Warriors softball loses 3 to Smith Valley
April 4, 2018
The Whittell Warriors softball team lost three straight on the road to Smith Valley last week. The Warriors lost 25-7 on March 27, and then were beaten 16-0 and 17-7 in a doubleheader on Friday, March 30.
In the first game of the series, the Warriors pushed across seven runs on just six hits. Kaitlyn Kjer singled and doubled and scored, Lorelei Kuenzi singled, scored and had a run batted in and Makena Snipes scored twice to lead the Warriors. Andrea Smith, Grace Walski and Sydney Ellbogen each had singles for Whittell.
Kuenzi, Faith Galli and MacKenzie Theilmann each had singles in the Warriors shutout loss.
In the third game, the Warriors were hit by pitches 11 times and pushed seven runs across the plate with just two hits — singles by Olivia Craig and Snipes. Kjer and Craig each scored two times.
The Warriors next will play a doubleheader against Mineral County on Thursday, April 5, at George Whittell High School.
Trending In: Sports
- South Lake Tahoe’s Jamie Anderson named to 2018-19 US Snowboard Team
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Shooting restrictions affect Tahoe region, gun safety urged
- South Tahoe volleyball fights back, but falls in state semifinals
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe