Warriors win 5th straight, dump Coleville on homecoming
September 30, 2017
The Whittell Warriors rushed to their fifth straight gridiron victory Friday night, beating the Coleville Wolves 62-6 on homecoming at South Tahoe Middle School.
Corey Huber, Isaiah Womack and Dalton Warswick combined to rush for well over 400 yards. Huber returned two kicks for touchdowns but one was called back due to penalty.
Warriors head coach Phillip Bryant said Bastion Elkins had a big game at center and on the defensive line.
"Everyone got to play tonight and the freshmen had a great time out there," Bryant said.
The Warriors (5-0, 3-0 1A Northern West 8-man League) next will play Sierra Lutheran at 1 p.m. Saturday in Carson City.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe’s Langemeier inks letter to play at D1 Jacksonville
- South Tahoe boys basketball edges Lowry in Div. I-A Northern League semifinals, punches ticket to state tournament
- Sierra-at-Tahoe offers free skiing to passholders at neighboring resorts
- Sierra-at-Tahoe race results
- Highlander’s Wallner signs letter to attend, play soccer for Vassar College
- Taqueria Jalisco reopens in new Tallac Avenue location
- Tree falls through home, totals two cars in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report 1 foot of new snow; more in forecast for South Shore
- Guest column: Tahoe, El Dorado County & VHRs (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Up to 7 inches of new snow possible Thursday