Whittell baseball downs Pyramid Lake 15-4
April 24, 2015
NIXON, Nev. — The Whittell baseball team took care of business on the road Tuesday to win its fifth straight game. The Warriors beat Pyramid Lake 15-4 in five innings in a nonleague contest, riding a fast start past the Lakers.
Whittell (19-2) scored five runs in the top of the first inning, and had a 5-1 lead headed into the second. The Warriors had an 8-4 advantage headed into the fifth — they scored seven runs in the top of the fifth and held Pyramid Lake scoreless in the bottom half to enact the 10-run rule.
Five Warriors had two-hit performances against the Lakers, led by Nic Buchholz — the freshman went 2-for-4 with a team-high four RBIs and a run. Quinn Kixmiller finished 2-for-2 with two RBIs and a run and Colton Ruby was 2-for-4 with an RBI and three runs — Chris Evans and Kai Mangiaracina each added two hits and three runs.
Whittell returns to Div. IV Northern League play with a doubleheader Saturday at Mineral County. The first game is scheduled to start at noon.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe Futbol Club’s U15 girls reach Nor Cal State Cup final
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: US 395 reopens after mudslide near Nevada-California state line
- In tourism-driven Tahoe, hotels are turning into homes