Whittell free kids’ hoops clinics start Sunday
January 12, 2019
Kids between the ages of 5 and 13 can receive free basketball lessons every Sunday starting this week.
Whittell basketball will host Sunday Xcel for six consecutive Sundays, starting Jan. 11.
The free sessions will be from 3 to 4 p.m. for the 5 to 7 age group and 4 to 5 p.m. for the 8-13 age groups. The 8-13 age group will be divided in to separate groups depending on player ability.
This is an opportunity for kids to advance their skills and learn from boys and girls head coach Phil Bryant, who has won several championships over 40 years.
Drills will include ball handling, footwork, passing, shooting, defensive positioning and the importance of team play while emphasizing individual improvement.
For information, contact Bryant at 530-518-8588.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe boys’ basketball rolls past rival Truckee
- Some Lake Tahoe resorts offering deals for first-time skiers and riders
- ST, Whittell, Incline battle conditions, have mixed results at ski meet
- Viking girls can’t hold second-half lead in loss to rival Wolverines
- Highlander boys catch fire after alarm goes off
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region