Whittell golf team places fifth
March 28, 2003
The Whittell High golf team placed fifth in a 12-team invitation match at Desert Lakes in Fernley Thursday afternoon.
The match included Northern Nevada 2A and 3A schools. The 2A Warriors were led by Parker Fox’s 83. Mike Flanagan shot an 84, Cody Herrington 84, Brian Jones 89, Devin Farnsworth 97 and Scott Lusby 103.
Manogue won the match with a team score of 420. The Warriors shot a 437 collectively. Medalist was Nick Verner of Lowry with a 76.
“I think we can do a little better, but we’re improving,” said Warriors coach Steve Maltase. “It’s still pretty early. If we keep improving each week we will be okay, but right now we’re still looking for consistency.
“One bright spot was Herrington’s 84,” Maltase added, noting the freshman shot his lowest score of the season.
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell sprinters bring home track, field state championships
- STMS boys cross country wins 7th grade race at Tah-Neva Championships
- Incline Village freshman Jenkins wins state Class 2A title in high jump
- South Tahoe’ Holmes finishes senior year with 3rd place at state meet
- Otomo helps Viking girls earn 4th at state swim meet
- Hiker dies after falling from Yosemite’s Half Dome trail
- Sustainable Community Alliance submits signatures for initiative to maintain South Lake Tahoe VHR cap
- El Dorado County DA: Charges filed in 2008 death of baby in South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe