Whittell rolls past Eureka, reaches state semifinals for 3rd straight year
November 4, 2017
The Whittell Warriors stormed past the Eureka Vandals 42-18 Friday night in the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association 1A Northern Region football playoffs.
It's the third straight season the Warriors have reached the state semifinals. They will for the northern region championship next week.
Whittell (9-1) got past the Vandals despite quarterback Isaiah Womack being sick and only playing in the first half.
Warriors head coach Phillip Bryant said Dalton Warswick had a big game on the offensive side of the ball and Genaro Mena paced the defensive effort.
Trending In: Sports
- Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar ski resorts announce 2018-19 opening dates
- Tahoe Prep Hockey Academy to host game Saturday afternoon
- Hundreds watch Lake Tahoe Community College women tie Sierra in battle of unbeaten teams (video)
- South Tahoe girls rally to beat rival Truckee for Northern Nevada soccer championship (video)
- Heavenly, Northstar push back opening days to Nov. 23; Kirkwood to announce new date
- Election update: Measure T still passing in South Lake Tahoe but margin shrinks
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Thousands of ballots yet to be counted in El Dorado County
- MTV acquires SnowGlobe Music Festival (updated)