Wild climbs Norcal ladder
December 16, 2003
Tribune staff reports
The High Sierra Wild swept their two-game roadtrip by soundly defeating the Stockton Colts 9-2 Saturday night in Stockton and the San Francisco Saber Cats 7-0 on Sunday morning in San Francisco.
The Wild’s defense led by Brandon Rader was outstanding allowing very few shots during the two-game sweep. Other defensive standouts for the Wild were Jon Betts, Angela Nelson and Austin Hoyt. Goalies Matt Scherer and Ty O’Neil each earned a victory.
Jimmy Thorngren, Devyn Hotho, Chris Rogusky and Jordan Devlin were top scorers for the weekend.
For the second straight week the Wild have moved up in the Norcal Peewee B standings, now holding the fourth spot in the nine-team league.
“The top four teams make the playoffs, so that is what the kids are eyeing,” said head coach Jim Hoyt.
Recommended Stories For You
Teams from Southern California and Norcal division leaders Santa Rosa are the Wild’s next opponents during a tournament Dec. 26-30 in San Jose.
For more information on Norcal Youth Hockey, go to http://www.norcalyouthhockey.com.
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA JUNIOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
Standings Pee Wee B Division
W L T Pts
Santa Rosa 7 1 0 14
Berkeley 6 0 0 12
Oakland 4 1 1 9
High Sierra (Tahoe) 3 2 1 7
Cupertino 3 4 0 6
Tri Valley 2 3 1 5
Stockton 2 3 0 4
Vacaville 0 6 1 1
San Francisco 0 6 0 0
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Lake Tahoe snowpack doubles in March — and more on the way
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax