Wild weekend for local hockey team
December 9, 2003
Provided to the Tribune
The High Sierra Wild, Tahoe’s youth hockey team, earned three of a possible four points against the Vacaville Northstars in Norcal action Saturday and Sunday at South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena.
The Wild won a 12-8 shootout Saturday with Jimmy Thorngren’s four goals and two assists leading the way. Devyn Hotho had two goals and an assist. Her second goal came 8 seconds after the Northstars cut the Wild lead to 9-8. Chris Rogusky added two goals and Cooper Stanley, Payton Guttry and Andrew Lane each had a goal and an assist for the Wild.
The Wild skated to a hard-earned 5-5 tie in Sunday’s game despite outshooting the Northstars 49-19, including 22-4 in the third period.
The Northstars jumped out to an early 3-0 lead before the Wild rallied back for the tie on Stanley’s goal with 3:18 remaining. Stanley led the Wild with two goals.
Thorngren, Guttry and Hotho each chipped in with a goal for the Wild.
Recommended Stories For You
The Wild continue Norcal League travel to play Stockton Colts and the San Francisco Vipers this weekend.
Trending In: Sports
- UPDATE: Traffic on US 50 moving once again
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3 feet of snow at some ski resorts; another 1-3 feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm could bring 4 feet of snow to Sierra mountains
- UPDATE: Crystal Bay, Third Creek avalanche alert upgraded to stage 2
- South Lake Tahoe man sleeping behind car killed after neighbor unknowingly backed over him