Spring-like temps – and maybe a bit of snow – in store this week | TahoeDailyTribune.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Spring-like temps – and maybe a bit of snow – in store this week

Staff Reports
Published Caption: Submitted by Kathi Schmedes
ALL |

LAKE TAHOE – Fingers crossed, but it looks like spring-like temperatures should be the norm this week – for the most part – heading into the Memorial Day holiday and the unofficial kick-off to the summer tourism season in Truckee/Tahoe.

According to the National Weather Service in Reno, high temperatures at the lake should hover in the upper-50s to lower-60s into Sunday. The same forecast holds true for Truckee.

Wednesday could be interesting, however, as there is a 40 percent chance of rain during the day and a 60 percent chance of some snow overnight, although little to no accumulation is expected. Sunny skies should return Thursday.

Below is an extended forecast from http://www.noaa.gov.

Today: Isolated showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 57. West wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight: Isolated showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Southwest wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Wednesday: A chance of rain showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Breezy, with a south wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Wednesday Night: Snow likely. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 56.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.

Friday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Saturday: Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 57.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User