Table is set for the Tahoe Food and Wine Festival
In what might become an annual event, the Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival begins today and runs through Sunday at Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe.
Events include lots of food and wine, plus discussions, presentations and demonstrations by celebrated food and wine experts including Gary Vaynerchuk, author and host of the video blog “Wine Library TV”; Elizabeth Falkner, master chef and owner of Citizen Cake patisserie and Orson restaurant in San Francisco; Anthony Bourdain, chef and author of bestsellers including “No Reservations” and “Medium Raw” and host of the popular travel and food series, “Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations”; and Chef Martin Yan, host of more than 3,000 cooking shows including the “Yan Can Cook” and author of more than 30 cookbooks. The signature event is the “Epicurean Expo,” featuring dishes from Harrah’s restaurants across the country and the wines of Napa Valley and beyond.
– The Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival kicks into high gear on Friday night with an “Asian Delights Dinner” at Gi Fu Loh restaurant. Gi Fu Loh’s Master Chef Hung Wong and Master Chef Martin Yan will join forces to present an authentic, Cantonese-style five course dinner, presenting Asian specialties in an intimate setting.
– The festival at 7:30 p.m. moves to the South Shore Room at Harrah’s with Elizabeth Falkner.
– Next door at Harveys 19 Kitchen • Bar, Gary Vaynerchuk hosts a wine pairing dinner. Gary matches-up some of his favorite vintages with an multi-course meal prepared by the Harrah’s culinary team.
– Saturday’s events begin with “Beyond the Fork Epicurean Expo: An Affair for the Senses” at Harrah’s Special Events Center.
– Also on Saturday afternoon is a “Wine Tasting with Gary Vaynerchuk” at Friday’s Station Steak & Seafood Grill, located on Harrah’s 18th floor. Vaynerchuk will be pouring some of his favorite wines and explaining what to look for when selecting wine for a variety of occasions.
– On Saturday night, Harrah’s South Shore Room will host an evening with Anthony Bourdain.
– A farewell brunch Sunday at Harveys 19 Kitchen • Bar will feature a variety of dishes from the “Harrah’s Seven Stars Cookbook,” prepared by Harrah’s chefs. Editor of the cookbook, John Schlimm, will help host the event and autograph copies of the book.
Additional events during the Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival include a Saturday night “Lafite Rothschild Winemaker’s Dinner” at 19 Kitchen • Bar, and a one-day “Tahoe Tech Talk Conference,” featuring Gary Vaynerchuk and a panel of the innovators in the world of the Internet and social media. For more information and to register for the conference, visit tahoetechtalkconf.com.
For festival information, visit http://www.harrahs.com/ltfoodandwine.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User