Tahoe Talk: Home prices skyrocket; Fall leaves for sale in Bay Area
From around the globe to out your backdoor, here are the topics to keep you relevant and up-to-date. Listen to today’s discussion here.
- Earth just experienced the hottest September since records began
- Rave: Zoom will start letting people host paid-entry online events with a new service called OnZoom. Beta version available now, worldwide 2021
- Two Bi-Rite locations in the SF are selling brown-paper-wrapped bundles of fall leaves, and for $14.95, you can have around two handfuls’ worth of seasonally appropriate plant refuse
- Americans spent $3.4 billion in a single year on cracked screen repairs.
- Nearly half of all Americans say they’d find it difficult to pay for an unexpected $250 expense right now. 35% of respondents are losing sleep over personal economic concerns.
- The median price of a California home skyrocketed to $712,430 in September — shattering the state record for the fourth month in a row — as sales hit their highest level in more than a decade. It took 11 days on average to sell a single-family home in September — the shortest period ever recorded.
- Friday, Oct. 23 = National Croc Day
- City of SLT Council agenda items overview
- Multiple bank robberies in the area lately
- 4 arrested in major drug bust in SLT
- Tahoe Land podcast wins highest award for any TV/Radio/Digital entity
- New Truckee restaurant offering ‘Mountain Italian’ cuisine
- TahoeMemes causing more fake waves saying that ski resorts will not open until Jan. 15 – False!
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
In our Drink of the Week segment, we’ll showcase one unique type of beer, wine, cocktail — you name it — to try at one of the countless breweries, bars and restaurants from around the…