Tahoe Talk: Evidence of second wave surfacing; Echo Pass construction postponed
Up-to-date, daily info on news that is happening around Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada. Notes from today’s discussion include:
- Thursday jobless claims update: 3M last week, 36.5M total
- Stocks drop across the board as Federal Reserve Chair make claims of uncertainty and more evidence of second waves are surfacing
- Some of the first “bars” open in America in Wisconsin last night
- Gov. Newsom to propose a revised state budget today – expected to have a deficit of $54B
- CA, NC, PA are sending buses equipped with long-distance routers to poor and rural neighborhoods that don’t have stable internet
- South Lake Tahoe Fourth of July Fireworks have been canceled, possibly Labor Day instead
- Echo Pass construction project closing Hwy 50 postponed to post-Labor Day
- Demand high for Lake Tahoe real estate amid virus shutdown
- Close contact: Spa, salon experience to be vastly different
- Reno City Council gives ‘OK’ for bars to begin curbside service
Listen to today’s discussion here.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User