Tahoe Talk: It’s Feel Good Friday; Mt. Baldy Ski Resort is open; Girl Scouts have cookie surplus
Every Friday we change up the dynamic of our podcast to only deliver you wholesome, positive news locally and nationally:
- Mt. Baldy Ski Resort is open 7:30 a.m. – noon “golf course style” just outside of L.A.
- McDonalds is giving out free “Thank You” meals to frontline workers and first responders
- IKEA releases Swedish meatball recipe, same as what’s served in their famous in-store cafe
- Girl Scout cookies have a huge surplus due to Covid. Good news you can order online.
- Air pollution in major world cities has dropped by as much as 60% during Covid shutdowns
- 30 years ago today: Hubble Space Telescope launches into orbit
- Truckee community effort painting rainbows on business windows
- Florida aquarium is reproducing Cactus Coral for the first time in history
- Two drugs being studied by doctors in Bay Area to keep Covid patients alive and out of the hospital
- Woman leaves entire stimulus check as tip in Arkansas
Listen to today’s discussion here.
Have a great weekend!
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User