Tahoe Talk: New electric Hummer; Taco Bell changes menu; Virus vaccine available in China
From around the globe to out your backdoor, here are the topics to keep you relevant and up-to-date. Listen to Monday’s discussion here, or click below.
- Washoe Co. COVID cases surging. Now the per capita epicenter in the State of Nevada
- Gov. Sisolak last week announces NV will not walk back restrictions yet
- Crystal Bay Casino hosts live show over the weekend with 150 people in attendance, SnowGlobe canceled
- San Quentin COVID-19 outbreak requires 50%, or 1,800 prisoners to be released or transferred
- Outdoor dining in Lake Tahoe battling the cold temps and winter
- Taco Bell discontinues many popular menu items like the the Mexican pizza and potato soft tacos – Missouri man buys in bulk and freezes to sell for $70 per item
- A Minnesota man just won the “Pumpkin Super Bowl” with a 2,350-pound gourd named Tiger King. The champ took home $16,450 in prize money, receiving $7 per pound in a “pay-by-the-pound” system
- GMC Hummer-EV, 1000 horsepower, all electric, zero to 60 in 3 seconds, 18 cameras, 6 inch suspension lift with the press of a button… I could go on and on. BUT!! The best is “crab walk” where it can drive diagonally. Check out the video online
- Movie theaters offering curbside pickup for popcorn, and you can rent out an entire room for $99 … Heavenly Village has the popcorn offering.
- You can now get a COVID-19 vaccine in China. Two injections of CoronaVac made by SinoVac (otherwise known as Beijing Kexing Bioproducts) cost 2,000 rmb ($300) at the private Taihe Hospital in the Chinese capital. The treatment still hasn’t passed final, Stage 3, clinical trials but is already being offered to the public on a first come, first served basis. Anyone can turn up, pay their money and get the jab (COVID-19 vaccines are projected to be available to the entire American public by April 2021
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups wins the LA Times “Halloween Candy Powder Rankings” top spot
In two out of the past five elections the electoral college has awarded the White House to the loser of the popular vote. Let that sink in … three million more people voted for Hilary Clinton in 2016, but 77K votes in three key mid-west states swung the entire presidency (That’s smaller than some college football stadiums)
Friday 10/30 = National Candy Corn Day
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Snow and debris have been cleared from Highway 108 to the Kennedy Meadows gate as of Monday morning.