Tahoe Talk: Packed United flight shocks passengers; More stimulus funding on way?
Up-to-date, daily info on news that is happening around Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada. Notes from today’s discussion include:
- Worldwide Totals: 4.2M cases, 284K deceased, 80K in US
- 14.7 unemployment rate, highest since Great Depression
- Packed United flight from NYC leaves passengers and internet shocked, United claimed they would leave all middle seats empty but did not
- Another stimulus package still on the table. Payroll tax cuts? More checks sent out? More funding for state and local government? Wait and see?
- England, Germany, France begin reopening schools and business today
- Dr. Fauci compares Latinos and African Americans to nursing home COVID-19 susceptibility
- Prescribed burns planned this week around Lake Tahoe
- ‘Tahoe Only’ inspection seals required to put boats in Lake Tahoe
- Dealing with ‘a sense of uncertainty’: Officials concerned about Truckee’s health and well-being through traumatic times
- Douglas County to begin public testing of COVID-19 today
Listen to today’s discussion here.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around the Lake Tahoe Basin and beyond make the Tahoe Tribune's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User