Chance of snow at Lake Tahoe through this week
December 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe could see light snow through much of the coming week.
After a mostly-sunny Monday, a chance of scattered showers will move into the area early Tuesday morning, according to the National Weather Service in Reno.
There will be a 30 percent chance of precipitation, with accumulation of less than a half inch of snow possible.
The chance of precipitation will bump up to 60 percent after 4 p.m. Tuesday. Snow. accumulation at lake level is expected to total less than an inch.
Wednesday will start with a 50 percent chance of precipitation, before decreasing to 40 percent Wednesday evening.
A 20-percent chance of snow showers is expected Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
The possibility of light snow through much of the week follows a series of winter storms that brought several feet of snow to Lake Tahoe-area resorts at the end of this past week.
Trending In: Weather
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms
- Chance of snow at Lake Tahoe through this week
- 2nd winter storm could deliver another foot of snow to Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report new snow totals; 2nd storm to deliver 8-16 inches
- Winter storm warning to take effect in Lake Tahoe Basin tonight
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- FINAL ELECTION RESULTS: Measure T passes in South Lake Tahoe
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- New South Lake Tahoe City Manager Frank Rush Jr sworn in