Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 1 foot of snow
January 6, 2019
The first of three winter storms has moved through the region, leaving nearly a foot of snow at some local ski resorts.
Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe reported 9-11 inches of snow from the storm.
The resorts can expect to see more snow Sunday.
According to the National Weather Service, South Lake Tahoe could see 4 to 8 inches of new snow Sunday.
Trending In: Weather
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Sunny, warm conditions in store for Lake Tahoe this weekend; winter storm possible next week
- Wet winter ends California drought after 376 straight weeks
- Sierra snowpack well above average; California looking at ‘excellent water year’
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm