Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 1 foot of new snow in 24 hours
March 22, 2018
While it’s been a soggy couple of days at lake level in Tahoe, higher elevations are seeing fresh snow.
Several Lake Tahoe ski resorts are reporting over 1 foot of snow in the last 24 hours Thursday morning.
A winter storm warning for elevations above 6,500 feet remains in effect through 5 a.m. Friday.
According to the National Weather Service, an additional 8-16 inches of snow could accumulate above 7,000 feet, with local amounts up to 2 feet near the Sierra Crest. Up to 8 inches is expected between 6,500 and 7,000 feet, the weather service reports.
A few slushy inches of snow could fall down at lake level, where a flood warning will remain in effect into Thursday night. An additional 1-3 inches of rain could fall below 7,000 feet around the Tahoe Basin.
Trending In: Weather
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Seasonal overnight shelter, the Warm Room, to open in South Lake Tahoe for 2018-19 season
- Chance of rain, snow at Lake Tahoe this week
- South Lake Tahoe clerk: No recount request for Measure T