Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 1 foot of new snow in 24 hours
March 22, 2018
While it’s been a soggy couple of days at lake level in Tahoe, higher elevations are seeing fresh snow.
Several Lake Tahoe ski resorts are reporting over 1 foot of snow in the last 24 hours Thursday morning.
A winter storm warning for elevations above 6,500 feet remains in effect through 5 a.m. Friday.
According to the National Weather Service, an additional 8-16 inches of snow could accumulate above 7,000 feet, with local amounts up to 2 feet near the Sierra Crest. Up to 8 inches is expected between 6,500 and 7,000 feet, the weather service reports.
A few slushy inches of snow could fall down at lake level, where a flood warning will remain in effect into Thursday night. An additional 1-3 inches of rain could fall below 7,000 feet around the Tahoe Basin.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch in effect Monday afternoon at Lake Tahoe
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89