Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
March 17, 2018
A snow storm that hit Lake Tahoe at the end of the week brought over 4 feet of snow to South Shore resorts and over 5 feet to North Shore resorts in 48 hours.
Kirkwood Mountain Resort reported 46 inches and Heavenly Mountain Resort reported 45 inches in 48 hours Saturday morning. Seven-day totals measured 71 inches and 63 inches, respectively. Sierra-at-Tahoe reported 35 inches of snow in 24 hours and a whopping 105 inches in seven days.
Diamond Peak Ski Resort reported 30 inches of snow in 24 hours 68 inches in 48 hours.
A winter weather warning expired at 5 a.m. Saturday. According to the National Weather Service, there is a 50 percent chance of snow in South Lake Tahoe Saturday. Total daytime snow accumulation is expected to be less than 1 inch. The high temperature will be near 32.
20″ of fresh overnight and nearly 3 FEET in the last 24 hours. Happy St. Patrick’s day to us!
— Sierra-at-Tahoe (@Sierra_at_Tahoe) March 17, 2018
— Kirkwood Mountain Resort (@KirkwoodMTN) March 17, 2018
17" of new snow in 24 hours at Heavenly ❄️❄️❄️ pic.twitter.com/PjnHF0BWJh
— SkiHeavenly (@skiheavenly) March 17, 2018
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of rain, thunderstorms Friday and Saturday
- Lake Tahoe weather: Haze and sunny conditions to start week, thunderstorms possible Thursday
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny, warm weekend ahead
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny weekend with temperatures in the 80s
- National Weather Service: South Lake Tahoe sets new record high temperature for Jan. 30