Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
March 17, 2018
A snow storm that hit Lake Tahoe at the end of the week brought over 4 feet of snow to South Shore resorts and over 5 feet to North Shore resorts in 48 hours.
Kirkwood Mountain Resort reported 46 inches and Heavenly Mountain Resort reported 45 inches in 48 hours Saturday morning. Seven-day totals measured 71 inches and 63 inches, respectively. Sierra-at-Tahoe reported 35 inches of snow in 24 hours and a whopping 105 inches in seven days.
Diamond Peak Ski Resort reported 30 inches of snow in 24 hours 68 inches in 48 hours.
A winter weather warning expired at 5 a.m. Saturday. According to the National Weather Service, there is a 50 percent chance of snow in South Lake Tahoe Saturday. Total daytime snow accumulation is expected to be less than 1 inch. The high temperature will be near 32.
20″ of fresh overnight and nearly 3 FEET in the last 24 hours. Happy St. Patrick’s day to us!
— Sierra-at-Tahoe (@Sierra_at_Tahoe) March 17, 2018
— Kirkwood Mountain Resort (@KirkwoodMTN) March 17, 2018
17" of new snow in 24 hours at Heavenly ❄️❄️❄️ pic.twitter.com/PjnHF0BWJh
— SkiHeavenly (@skiheavenly) March 17, 2018
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Scattered snow showers possible today; little to no accumulation expected
- Lake Tahoe weather: Heavenly Mountain Resort reports 7 inches of new snow
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could bring 3-6 inches of snow
- Lake Tahoe weather: Atmospheric river could cause flooding in Tahoe Basin
- Ice Cube performing at Lake Tahoe Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- The city of $1,000 parking tickets? South Lake Tahoe divided on vacation rental management
- South Lake Tahoe to allow two cannabis microbusinesses
- California Highway Patrol seeks to enforce ag station requirement to ease traffic in Meyers neighborhoods
- Sunny weekend ahead: Check out these 5 Lake Tahoe patios