Lake Tahoe ski resorts report over 4 feet of snow in 48 hours
March 17, 2018
A snow storm that hit Lake Tahoe at the end of the week brought over 4 feet of snow to South Shore resorts and over 5 feet to North Shore resorts in 48 hours.
Kirkwood Mountain Resort reported 46 inches and Heavenly Mountain Resort reported 45 inches in 48 hours Saturday morning. Seven-day totals measured 71 inches and 63 inches, respectively. Sierra-at-Tahoe reported 35 inches of snow in 24 hours and a whopping 105 inches in seven days.
Diamond Peak Ski Resort reported 30 inches of snow in 24 hours 68 inches in 48 hours.
A winter weather warning expired at 5 a.m. Saturday. According to the National Weather Service, there is a 50 percent chance of snow in South Lake Tahoe Saturday. Total daytime snow accumulation is expected to be less than 1 inch. The high temperature will be near 32.
20″ of fresh overnight and nearly 3 FEET in the last 24 hours. Happy St. Patrick’s day to us!
— Sierra-at-Tahoe (@Sierra_at_Tahoe) March 17, 2018
— Kirkwood Mountain Resort (@KirkwoodMTN) March 17, 2018
17" of new snow in 24 hours at Heavenly ❄️❄️❄️ pic.twitter.com/PjnHF0BWJh
— SkiHeavenly (@skiheavenly) March 17, 2018
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Yosemite wildfire to cause haze, smoke in Lake Tahoe Basin today
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch in effect Monday afternoon at Lake Tahoe
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Blue Granite Climbing Gym open for business in South Lake Tahoe
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed